This blog is about Looking after and caring for your pet dog. I have hundreds of books on dog-keeping and will try and buy most anything to keep my pet dog happy and well cared for. I follow a life coach and have lots of self help and positive self image CD's and books that I listen to and read. I'd like to pass on ideas and help other people with getting their own world working right. I hope it will be helpful, informative and above all, that you enjoy your time on this blog!

Friday, April 9, 2010

The German Shepherd.

I don't want to go into a deep history of the German Shepherd-(AKA. Deutscher Schäferhund) I've always called my dog an Alsatian. Its a breed that originated in Germany at the turn of the twentieth-century.

The Alsatian has been bred primarily as a working dog. Alsatians are a highly intelligent breed, suited to the guard dog, defensive dog role. This is not only because of their intelligence, but because of their strength and abilities in obedience, loyalty and a strong natural protective nature too.

This is why they make an excellent police dog!

Once you bond with an animal of this intelligence and understanding, you are friends for life! Being a strong and ever-alert dog, the Alsatian is ideally suited to military and security roles. And just like all intelligent humans, (should be), they have a natural caution with strangers.

Going beyond this, although not proved scientifically, I believe that they have another natural sixth sense. Something that makes them watchful and sensitive to peoples emotions and body language. I can't prove this, but there are times when my Alsatian seems to know how I am feeling.

Maybe its just my interpretation of the way he puts his head on my lap and gives a sigh, just at the same time as I have been thinking about a problem. Or perhaps, like when he put his head in my lap and puffs air through his closed lips, as though he's saying, "I know, - but there is nothing we can do about it, is there"! Anyway...

Each time I write about DeputyDoggy, I will try to give you worth-while information and any answers to problems you may have. As you can see, I've started already, hopefully on a happy note for you and your dog, whatever breed of dog you have, I'm sure he or she will enjoy those peanut biscuits, see the videos.

(Get Dog Treat Recipes now... Click here!)!

I hope you (and your family) will enjoy a pet bonding experience, both in the cooking and eating of those peanut butter biscuits!
Scooby-Dooby-Doo..

Its Woof Woof from him and its TTFN from me!
ChristopherJames & DeputyDoggy.

TAGS: German Shepherd, Alsatian, Deutscher Schäferhund, peanut butter dog biscuits, dog treats, dog biscuits,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Amazon Books

Dog Treat Recipes from the Dog Treat Dude.

The Covenant