This blog is about Looking after and caring for your pet dog. I have hundreds of books on dog-keeping and will try and buy most anything to keep my pet dog happy and well cared for. I follow a life coach and have lots of self help and positive self image CD's and books that I listen to and read. I'd like to pass on ideas and help other people with getting their own world working right. I hope it will be helpful, informative and above all, that you enjoy your time on this blog!

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Requesting a cookie with tricks!



Deputy Doggy is a smart cookie! A trick taught, was to stand on hind legs and dance round, leading Deputy Doggy with a cookie, for a circle dance.

A simple enough trick and not that different from any other dogs abilities you might say.

I use to call out 'dance for the cookie, Deputy Doggy' over and over for about three turns before I let him have the cookie.

He picked this trick up instantly. But what amazed me was that when I had visitors to our home, I wanted to show them the cookie trick and took them over to the cookie biscuit jar of home made Deputy Doggy cookies.

I called out 'dance for the cookie, Deputy Doggy', even before I'd got to the cookie biscuit jar, and he was dancing round in circles on his hind legs!

I couldn't tell you of how proud of him I was. Obviously I didn't let on to our guests! Now he does it on command!

ChristopherJames & DeputyDoggy.

TAGS: Cookie Tricks, DeputyDoggy,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Amazon Books

Dog Treat Recipes from the Dog Treat Dude.

The Covenant